Saturday, October 28, 2017

Sympathy Card with Pop Up Frames-My Scrap Chick













When you make a sympathy card...you want it to be special and to show the love and support you wish to show to the family.  We recently lost a a family friend-someone who ran the neighborhood with us as children.  I made this for his family.

This is my version of the PopUp Frame from My Scrap Chick.

  What I did:
Cut the scrolls from the top of the frame file and made my base by tracing the  bottom scroll piece and removing the inside square line so this piece became the solid piece for the card base (cut two). I used three 12x12 pieces of white Bazzil cardstock and this cut enough for 2 cards with a little left over. I used the squares cut out from the top scroll pieces to stamp my images on.

Tip:
I know 'scrolly' pieces can be somewhat difficult to cut if your mats are not sticky so I used a new blade and a newer mat (I use Cricut light stick mats in my Silhouette).  By taking these steps my card pieces cut absolutely perfect!

Finishing Touches:
I added dimension tape pieces between the layers for the same feel you can get from the frame.  I used a lovely sympathy set from Verve Stamps named Forever In Our Hearts and did a little off stamping for the leaf. I did not want the color to overwhelm the card.

I think this is just a beauty...I might have to try some more Pop Up frames for cards...stay tuned!








I am sharing with the following challenges:







Pin It!

18 comments:

Bunny said...

This is beautiful. I love the scroll work. One day I might seriously think about getting one of those cutting machines. [Bunny]

Sandra H said...

So beautiful!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful!!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful sympathy card love the scroll frame---Thank you for joining us at Love to Craft
Carol DT x

crafty-stamper said...

Hi just popping back to say---Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
Carol DT x

Marilyn said...

This is a gorgeous sympathy card and I love the detail you've put into it.
Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Sentiments Designs challenge and I hope you'll be back again soon.
Marilyn S

Rae Ann said...

This is such a pretty and elegant card. The touch of blue adds just the right pop of color.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Anything Goes challenge.

Leslie Miller said...

This is utterly gorgeous -- the layered frame, the stamps. It's amazing what you can do with your cutter. Practice makes perfect. I'm sorry about your friend. I'm sure there are lots of memories that come flooding back.

sandie said...

Wow these pop up frames look amazing. You did a great job and you can see how much care you put into this. This will be cherished. Thanks for joining Time Out Challenges

Unknown said...

ELEGANT PERFECTION. Thanks bunches for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Sure hope you will remember us for our next challenge too! Xj.
TTCRD DT: Joi@RR{My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Wow! Lovely and elegant! Thank you for joining us this week at
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges .
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Blessings! Jeanie Ellis, DT, Crafty Gals Corner
www.craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com

Scrapper69 said...

So pretty & Elegant!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at PDE, good luck!!! Amy DT

Anita in France said...

Elegant and so serene, Sue ... certain to have been so appreciated by the family. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Arlene said...

So elegant. So glad you could join us for our challenge at Morgan's ArtWorld.

Kleri said...

What a creative idea!Very pretty and elegant!Thank you for joining our challenge this week at the Crafty Gals Corner!Hope you join us again next week!
Hugs
Kleri DT
http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://kefartworx.co.uk/ (My blog)

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your card is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT

Cazro said...

Gorgeous and elegant. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...