Sunday, July 16, 2017

Christmas in July-My Scrap Chick The Nutcracker






    My Scrap Chick      








I made these cards for my daughter and her family...so read on for the rest of the story. 

My oldest grandson Cole has been enamored by Nutcrackers since he was just little...(maybe 2 or 3ish) and he is almost 10 now! Where has the time gone?

When we would go to the stores in December we always had to scope out the 5 foot tall Nutcracker at JC Penny's holiday section. He would stand there with the Nutcracker towering over him for the longest time checking it all out. Oh such a fond memory.  When he was little he had a little boy pronunciation for  Nutcracker-  (nutcrachkkkkker)-needless to say, the pronunciation has stuck to this day.

So The Nutcracker will be Cole's Christmas card, Mom and Dad will get the tree and brother Lukey had to get a card equally cool, so he gets the Mouse King!

This is a full set the includes the Nutcracker Prince, Mouse King, Christmas tree, Clara and the Sugar Plum Fairy. What a deal!

 I made them in to cards by grouping the elements of each file together and tracing.  I cut the inside white insert from this first trace. I then did a .50 offset and cut 2 in craft paper.  I did cut a portion off the top of the white insert to allow the two craft pieces to be stuck together (and get rid of bulk as well) with red tape-you need something strong to hold them together. I added a little score line to the back craft piece so I could bend it to "hinge" and open easily. 




The Nutcracker Prince

Here you can catch a glimpse of  how each file is created into a card. I wish you could see the shiny gold and silver papers I used on these cards...
                                                             



This Mouse King just makes me smile!



Lovin' this fun 'curly' Christmas tree!



I am sharing with the following challenges:




Don't miss our new facebook page where you can share your own creations too!  Click HERE.



I do hope you have enjoyed my projects today.  
You can find these files and more at 




                                  






Pin It!

29 comments:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

That mouse is way too cute! Those cards will make an adorable table decoration for your daughter's house for years to come, I'm sure!

Thanks for joining us for our Christmas in July challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous cards, love the scene of them together! Thank you for joining us at Making Memories Crafting! We hope to see you again!
Sherry x
DT for Making Memories Crafting
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads – My personal Blog

Marilyn said...

Cute cards!! love the mouse king!!

Unknown said...

These cards are Beautiful! I love them by themselves, and they look fantastic together to create a scene. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges. - Amanda DT

Janis Lewis said...

These are fabulous!! Thanks for sharing at The Holly & Ivy.
~DT Janis

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling trio of shaped cards! That mouse king is super cute!!

Stempelbavaria said...

Wow Sue, amazing projects!
X Daniela

Pam Sparks said...

very cool! Love your shape cards! You are amazing with the cutting machine!

Cathy said...

You are absolutely amazing Sue. I stand in awe of you . Hugs Cathy K.

Sandy said...

What kind of machine do you have Sue -- is it a Silhouette? Is it easy to use? Wonderful creations!!
sandy xx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a wonderful creation. Thank you for joining us at Emerald City Crafts Challenge Blog Anything Goes Challenge 1. Hugs Jackie (DT)

Leslie Miller said...

Unbelievable! Simply unbelievable. Cole and I have a fondness for nutcrackers in common, but OMG the mouse and the tree are so darling, too! You're amazing with these projects, Sue!

Lola said...

Wow, so much detail! I sure hope they are keeping them to show their kids some day, and brag about your talent. These are keepsakes and tailored (at least the nutcracker) and just beautiful.

Sandra H said...

Wow your so creative x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh my gosh! Fabulous!!! I have so much catching up to do...thank goodness for your awesome blog and talent.

Kath said...

Lovely cards and great designs. Thank you for sharing with us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.
Kath x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at CCAYR, good luck!!! Amy DT

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 342 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too x

Jeannie said...

Hi Sue! My goodness these are just as sweet as can be and sure to be a keepsake for your family. Thanks so much for joining my Christmas in July blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

samantha's cards said...

I love these cards!! Such a wonderful set, thanks for joining us at CCC.

Adventures in Paperland said...

Fabulous trio of cards! Thanks for sharing them with us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Lisa DT

Larelyn said...

Oh my goodness, this set is absolutely adorable. Love, love, love! Thanks for entering our Cut It Up Christmas in July Challenge.

Lori said...

This card set is adorable! I'm sure your family will love them! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges and at CCAYR! -Lori DT

KandA said...

What a wonderful set of cards and they make a fabulous christmas decoration too xx

Greta said...

Hi Sue, Congrats on the HM at CCC! What a fabulous project! Hope you're finding a way to stay cool--amazing heat!

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Christmas Cards All Year Round and we hope to see you again next month.

Helen x

Stempelbavaria said...

So sweet, thanks for the inspiration!
X Daniela

Sollan said...

Completely stunning! Really creative.!Thanks for joining us over at Creative Moments Challenges. Please join in with us again. We hope you will come back and play with us again. Good Luck with the challenge. Sollan member of the DT.

Anonymous said...

I'm just blown away by these. I love love how you turned the characters into 3D cards and really bring them to life. Wow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...