Thursday, January 22, 2015

2015 Calendar





Welcome to January 2015!








I know, I know!  I love this Cash Keeper stamp from Inspiration Emporium-might be why you have seen it here and here. I love a stamp that you can use over and over!

I saw this fun Easel Calendar idea on Lori Whitlock's blog and just had to make me one for my own desk. I do have good intentions of making a new  'scene' for each month, so you will probably see more of this Calender Easel!!!

I cut the easel out of cardboard and covered with wood grain paper. I cut out the magnet piece and glued it into the opening. I have all the calendar months  cut out and ready to switch out . I already have plans for February and March!  

The 'chalkboard' is actually a very thin magnet and I have also added small pieces of it behind the 'January' embellishment and my sweet  little Granny-they are nice and secure on the chalkboard easel but easily removed too. I paid a pretty penny for just a few small sheets of magnets, but I have read that places like Home Depot have big pieces of magnets to cover vents in your house for much cheaper. I will have to check that out!!!


I am entering this in the following challenges:




I found this fun new to me linky challenge blog here:



Sue



Project details:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Art Impression / Cash Keeper from Inspiration Emporium
Don't miss out on the 10% discount by using the code suestamps13

2015 Print and Cut Calendars
A2 chalkboard thank you easel card-Lori Whitlock

Misc files for snow flake and balloon.
Cardstock: Doodlebug Frosty Friends
Copics: E00,11   B16, B18
Misc: twine, magnet sheets

Pin It!

16 comments:

Deloris said...

What a fabulous calendar! Love, love, love it!

Sandra H said...

What a fab calendar l love the image and the layout is stunning

KarinsArtScrap said...

fabulous image and card Sue
Gr Karin

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! How fun! Love the whole magnet idea. When the month is over you can put her on your fridge, or something. This is the cutest thing!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is totally adorable and funny. I love Art Impression images. I just wish they would make some images of older ladies that were not over weight. I read all the details on how you made this. I have made something similar in past years using a clear plastic frame. You have inspired me to reconsider making one for this year since its been a while .

Donna Ellis said...

hahaha! Love your celebrating senior, Sue! Very cute card shape, and wonderful design! hugs, de

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

Love this cute project! Thanks again for joining us for "Anything Goes" at Creative Cutting Challenge.
Cindy
DT Leader

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh this is fabulous!!! I love it and want to make one too! Thanks so much for the awesome inspiration!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I've seen lots of things done with this easel style, but I have to say that your idea of using as a calendar stand really takes the cake! It is the best use of it evah! I love your festive lady, she's ready to ring in the new year. I've heard about those vent cover magnet sheets. I wonder if anyone actually buys them to cover vents? Aren't vents aluminum? Does magnet stick to aluminum? I need my vents open all year--heat in winter, cold in summer.

Carol L said...

Well now, how on earth did you manage to put my picture up on this January calendar page?! LOL Great idea Sue!

Nana said...

So loving this calendar. Way to cute.
Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Nana said...

What I said earlier.
Thanks for linking up over at PDE Linky Party

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Janis Lewis said...

Love your easel card calendar! Thank you for Linking Up at PDE Linky Party.
~Janis, PDE Linky Party owner
Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook
We’d love you to link up your scrapbook pages over at our
sister challenge blog, Bimini Moose!

Scrap Shack Designs said...

You did a wonderful job creating the easel and you're right I do love that stamp! Thanks for sharing your 3-D project.
~DT Jen @ PDE Linky Party

Kim. said...

What a brilliant idea, I would love to make a new scene each month but just I wouldn't keep it up lol. Love the image, I think I NEED that now.
Thanks for sharing with us this month at Silhouette Challenges.
Kim x

JD/ Jill said...

This definitely started off my day with a smile. And what a great way for you to start your new year with this creative calendar page. Thank you so much for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...