Thursday, August 7, 2014

Mr & Mrs Wedding card





Hello my fellow crafty bloggers! It has been oh so long since I have gotten to craft a wee bit. I can't believe I have not posted in over a month. I have so missed being crafty, it is my stress reliever-and boy if there was ever a time I needed a stress reliever outlet! More to come on that later....

Today I want to share a card I made for a happy occasion!  I have a sweet niece getting married tomorrow and this is what I made. Gotta love Mickey and Minnie!  I googled the kissing  image and traced the outer edge in my Silhouette software, cutting it out of white and adding black behind it-easy peasy with no paper piecing! I added the red heart and used a Disney font (Waltograph) to add their name to the front as well.

TIP: Cut a rectangle around the name when you cut it out.  Carefully pull up the rectangle (leaving the letters on the cutting mat) and using this negative-set it on your card front. Dot some glue in the negative spaces where the letters were. Add your letters back in "their space"  and pull up the outside rectangle right away. Your letters are perfectly aligned this way!

I topped  off this little wedding card with some Bo Bunny black polka dot ribbon. This is a big card...6 x 7.25  ish inches in size!

I added the kissing meeces inside a Silhouette artisan frame cut file (Alaa'K)  using heart cardstock by Best Creation (Sweet Love), making it into a stand up card.


                                     

Thanks for popping in to say Hello! I hope to be sharing more craftiness soon!

Sue


Pin It!

11 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh super sweet and beautiful Sue.
Gr Karin

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Sweet wedding card for your niece. Nice to see you back. Know it is strange to do something crafty after a month absence or longer. Great tip on the lettering!

Sandra H said...

This is so beautiful as always you are so creative with your cards x

Leslie Miller said...

That is way too darling for words, Sue! It's good to hear from you. I understand about the stress reliever and how you need it most when you have the least time for it. Hope all is well.

Larissa said...

Aww such a nice card! The dotted paper is perfect for this image. Thanks for the silhouette tip. :)

-xxxx-
Larissa

Carol L said...

What a fun wedding card! I love those bright polka dot hearts with Mickey and Minnie!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun Mickey and Minnie wedding card design Sue! love those images and great tip on getting the words lined up from a cut out!

*Vicki* said...

Hello my friend!! Your card is adorable!! Such a fun theme for this type of card too! :) I have been gone myself for quite a while and not really all together caught up with my blog friends, but for the challenge on HMFMC I would like to make my card for the challenge and pass it along to you, would it be possible to get an address from you?

Glad you are back to creating again and I hope to be posting again on my blog shortly here too!! BIG HUGS your way!!

Darnell said...

This is so darn cute, Sue! You did a brilliant job getting that image for the happy couple! I hope you get a chance to get back to your happy crafting stress-relieving place again soon!! Hugs, Darnell

Elena said...

Wonderful idea on Mickies. Love it! :) So cute!!!

Sandy said...

Cute and fun wedding card - I know your niece loved it. I have a lot of catching to do!
Sandy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...