Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Guest for Crafting by Designs Challenge


I am honored to be asked to be a Guest Designer this week on the Crafting by Designs blog! How fun is that?


The challenge for this week is birthdays! We all need birthday cards (ahead of time preferably LOL) My friends understand....

I just got this sweet Penny Black stamp so I decided to color it up for this challenge. I know...give me a hedgie or a mouse and I am in 7th heaven!

While I was coloring up this image, I found an old advertisement magnet just about the same size as the image. I decided it would be fun to make a birthday card to stick on the refrigerator! Worked out pretty slick. I used my ATG tape gun and taped the image to the magnet. I then found a cute frame in my Studio library...stretching it to fit the image and adding an offset and an inset for a red matting for the dp. I added a layered Paper Smooches sentiment and some fun little streamers!


I started with the magnet, image and frames


Here is magnet back-perfect to stick on your refrigerator!

I do hope you will join in the BIRTHDAY challenge at Crafting by Designs this week!

Sue

I am going to enter this in the following challenges:

card details:
---------------------------------------

Stamps from Inspiration Emporium
Penny Black  Cake Dance 2352K
Paper Smooches Sugar Rush J3S027
Cardstock: Red and Echo Park Everyday Eclectic,misc colors for streamers
(use code suestamps13 for a 10% discount on all  products at Inspiration Emporium)
Copics used:
Hedgies-E 00,11 R20  N 1,3,5,6
Shadows-W0,2,3    C2
Greens-YG 031,13,07
Confetti background- BG0000,000,01,02 and R02
Blues-BG 70,72,75,78
Reds-R14,17,29
Orange-YR02,07
Silhouette cut files:
Artisan frame-rectangle
Streamers
Tags




Pin It!

22 comments:

Deloris said...

How fun! Love that PB stamp! Those hedgies always make me smile!

Cheryl First said...

What a sweet little gift! Yes, you are definitely the mouse and hedgie lady. lol! Always such cuties!

*Vicki* said...

Oh what a fun image for the birthday celebration!! Love the colors and what a fun gift! ;) HUGS

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh so clever, and how great it looks, great Birthday card Sue!
hugs
Glenda

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a sweet and beautiful card Sue.

gr karin

Sandra H said...

So adorable is your image such a beautiful card

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous Sue and such a fabulous idea to turn it into a magnet, I'd want to see that fun image every day! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts and Penny Black @ Allsorts challenges, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Leslie Miller said...

I thought I left a comment earlier. Fun idea with the magnet and a super cute image. Hope it works this time.

Maire Gamber said...

I love this fabulous card! So cheery! I am your newest follower.
Thank you for joining us for our CMC Challenge!
Hugs,
Marie

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Darling card Nd love the idea of using the ad magnets. I save those too but threw all away when packing up my craft room for the move. I will start say to put your idea to use when I can start making some cards!

Sandy said...

Congratulations Sue - it is so much fun and I am ready to party - let's get down and have some fun!!! You guessed it, I love your card.
Sandy

Nancy said...

Congrats on you GD gig! It's a good feeling when someone acknowledges your talent isn't it! I can see why you were chosen this card is precious! Great layout and fun papers too! Thanks for linking it up with us over at Seize the Birthday!

Allison said...

lovely card
thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz
Allisonx

Darnell said...

Fantastic colors on this bright and darling birthday card, Sue! And clever, too, using the magnet so it can stay front and center on the fridge and make everyone smile for a long time!! Hugs, Darnell

Marie Richardson said...

this is gorgeous i love it
Thanks for joining us this fortnight over at Charisma Cardz challenge blog.
Good Luck with the challenge
Hugs
Marie (A Charisma Gal)
xxxx

JoAnn said...

What a fun project. Love the colors and layout. Congrats on the GD spot.
Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, love your bright colours and fun image, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x

Annette said...

Gorgeous card. Love those hedgies.
Oh my word this is soooooo cute. Love the pink and the cute baby image.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Crafty Little Fairies,
Top Tip Tuesday,
ABC Christmas,
As You Like It,
Pink Gem Designs,
The Stamp Basket, and
Stampfairy.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sue! Got my official hat on today! Popping in to say what a beautiful card and such a great idea to make it a keepsake by adding the magnet! Who can resist the PB Hedgies, or Duckies for that matter! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts this month.

Hugs
Brenda GDT

Kim said...

Love it! Great coloring and such a happy card!

Helen said...

What a fabulous makeover!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...